- Dissection of the cis-regulatory landscape of FOXL2 in development and disease.
- Cis-regulatory elements
- Non-coding variants
- Developmental disorders
- Targeted next-generation sequencing
- Whole exome sequencing
- Copy number variation
- Cloning and reporter assays
- 2013 Research grant: Funds for Research in Ophthalmology, € 10.000
- 2011 Young investigator award nominee, European Society for Human Genetics (ESHG), The Netherlands
- 2010 Research grant: Funds for Research in Ophthalmology, € 25.000
- 2014 PhD in Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Ghent University, Belgium. Dissertation: Novel insights into the molecular pathogenesis of three monogenic developmental disorders
- 2009 Master in Biomedical Sciences, Ghent University, Belgium
- Zorgzame kookaburra – Caring kookaburra
The kookaburra is the largest kingfisher species. His call is very similar to a smile. He lives in a group, together with his family. He has a good memory and is very attentive. The kookaburra is faithful and patient. He is caring for his children and helpful to family members. The kookaburra fiercely defends the nest and offspring.
Characteristics: helpful, familial, patient, has a good memory, pleasant, faith, caring