- Exploring the role of non-coding variation in inherited blindness: the ABCA4 locus in Stargardt disease as a model
- Braille Liga Prize 2017 (€12 000), Funds for Research in Ophthalmology (FRO), EVER meeting (2017)
- Best Young Investigator for outstanding science, The European Human Genetics (ESHG) Conference (Copenhagen, Denmark, 2017)
- Best oral presentation, 17th Annual Meeting of the Belgian Society of Human Genetics (BeSHG) (Louvain-la-neuve, 2017)
- FWO travel grant for long stay abroad 2016: Radboud UMC, Department of Human Genetics
- ARVO Travel Grant 2016
- Braille Liga Prize 2015 (€8 000), Funds for Research in Ophthalmology (FRO), EVER meeting (2014)
- FWO doctoral fellowship (2013-2017), 'Exploring the role of non-coding variation in hereditary blindness: Stargardt disease as a model'.
- Research grant (€17 000), Funds for Research in Ophthalmology (FRO), EVER meeting (2012)
- Master of Biomedical Sciences, Ghent University
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences, Ghent University
- Behulpzame kapucijnaap – Helpful capuchin monkey
The capuchin monkey lives in a group. He is very intelligent and tries to solve problems by thinking. He likes to be busy with something, especially because he likes to make something beautiful. The capuchin monkey is quickly mature and has few enemies.
Characteristics: busy, creative, group animal, intelligent, problem solving